We believe, like the people and the organisations that we work with, that the values of trust, humility, teamwork, reliability, service and honesty applied to a clear and compelling purpose, can make the world a better place. We are committed to being a workplace that promotes alignment of those values and purpose - both from a professional perspective and also from a supportive personal perspective.
If you have exceptional skills and experience, a commercial approach and a demonstrated commitment to the same values and purpose as ours, we would be interested to hear from you.
Corporate and tax lawyer (4-5 years PQE)
- Full time
- Corporate and tax lawyer (4-5 years PQE)
- Based in our Melbourne office
The role will support our work advising charities, not-for-profits and philanthropists on:
- restructures and governance
- tax and regulatory compliance
- mergers, acquisitions, and related due diligence.
This position would suit a person interested in applying their skills to the for-purpose sector, joining a team of excellent lawyers.
The position requires:
- a commercial and efficient approach, consistent with furthering the charitable and philanthropic purposes of our client sector
- a collegiate and collaborative approach to client and matter management
- fit with our values (trust, humility, teamwork, reliability and honesty), and high levels of accountability and reliability as a legal professional
- strong interpersonal skills, including a deep commitment to client service, the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a team and with clients at all levels
- excellent knowledge and experience with the laws relating to the types of work listed above
- strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to understand complex matters
- excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex matters in simple terms
- self-starting, including a strong sense of personal responsibility coupled with good judgment about knowing when to seek guidance
- knowledge of and experience with church and faith-based organisations and with trust regulation will be advantageous.
Qualifications and Experience required:
This role would suit a candidate who is already an experienced lawyer in the for-purpose sector, or who has an interest in transferring their focus to the for-purpose sector from the following areas:
- Corporate advisory, mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, corporate restructuring
- Regulatory compliance and investigations
- The candidate must be an Australian Legal Practitioner.
Please send a CV together with a covering email addressed to Jon Cheung, Partner, to email@example.com.
Direct Applicants only
Closing Date for Applications: Mon, Oct 15th, 2018